We started by harvesting the red tomatoes, raspberries and probably the last of the cucumbers. We then took up the carpet that we put down several weeks ago and turned the soil over ready for planting. The carpet had made the soil underneath so easy to dig! It was amazing soil!
A team of two collected all the strawberries from the current strawberry bed and then they were planted in the newly dug soil. We experimented with some old plastic sheeting we found in a skip. We have turned it into a mini polytunnel and have covered half of the new strawberry bed to see if it makes a difference to the growing.
We then picked all the green tomatoes from the plants that were outside in the Garden. This will make a lovely Green Tomato Chutney. One pumpkin was also picked for chutney purposes! Some red cabbage was also found and picked. They did SO much better than the green ones from last year! Less caterpillars!
Claire and Pat then picked the flowers and Phil tried to saw a car tyre in half....!
Good work everyone!